Singer/Guitarist for Toddler Program (Part-Time)
Launch Math + Science Centers provide toddlers through tweens with inspiring math instruction and science-based camps and workshops. Our mission is to educate and motivate students to achieve excellence in math and science and to enjoy their applications.
Launch is seeking a part-time Singer/Guitarist Instructor for our math and science-based toddler program. Weekly sessions are 50 minutes in length and the instructor engages children ages 18 months to 41 months in songs and dance with an aim to develop a love and appreciation for math and science. Each child in the class is accompanied by an adult ("mommy and me" style).
The program runs weekday mornings and follows a general school schedule throughout the school year.
* Sing and play guitar in a folk or rock style
* Enthusiastically keep both adults and children engaged in song and play
* Use group management skills to organize and execute each session
* Follow curriculum provided
* Provide a warm and welcoming (supportive) learning environment
* Comfortable leading a group in song and dance
* Genuine interest in the topics covered (math and science)
* Must have the ability to learn the Launch material (simple songs) in a brief period of time
* Ability to improvise and quickly adjust lessons to children, assess situations and quickly think on your feet
* Must have an enthusiastic and upbeat personality with an expressive performance side
* Reliable, responsible, punctual, energetic, and fun to be around
* Prior experience working with young children
* All curriculum and materials are provided (you do not need to create lesson plans)
* Flexible schedule
* Part-time position (weekday mornings)
* Center location: Upper West Side (81st St)