Private Tutor and STEM Class Instructor (Pre-K - 8th Grade)
Launch provides toddlers through tweens with inspiring math instruction and STEM-based camps and classes.
The company is hiring part-time instructors (tutors) to work with students one-on-one and in small groups.
Launch Instructors work in-home, in partner schools, or in the Launch center. Launch offers private lessons or small group classes focused on STEM. Subjects include (but not limited to): Individualized Math Instruction, Homework Help and Test Prep, Computer Programming, Rocket Science, Architecture and Engineering, Physics, and Robotics. Our STEM instructors inspire children to explore the world of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
As a Launch Instructor you are expected to:
- Provide top quality instruction utilizing proven Launch methods, curriculum, and provided materials
- Enthusiastically engage students during instructional sessions
- Help students gain confidence in their ability to learn and succeed
- Consistently monitor, assess, and report on students' progress
- Maintain regular communications with the Launch Program Coordinators
- Subject matter expertise in math, technology or related sciences; A passion and skill for building hands-on projects with kids; Ability to code using Scratch, Python, App Inventor, or Java a big plus
- Strong desire to teach children
- Personable, friendly, reliable and communicative
- Previous experience working with students as a tutor or in a similar capacity
- A relatively flexible schedule and the ability to commit to servicing students for an extended duration, preferably a full academic year
- Most important, the belief that every student can learn and love math and science
- All curriculum and materials are provided (you do not need to create lesson plans)
- Flexible schedule
- Part-time position