Summer 2018 STEM Camp Counselor & Instructor (Day Camp, K-7th Grade)
Launch Math & Science Centers provide K through 7th grade kids with inspiring STEM-based summer camps (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). Our Instructors are passionate and creative people who believe in the Launch mission: To inspire children to love and learn math and science.
The Launch summer program consists of week long camps covering various STEM themes ranging from coding & gaming to chemistry and rocket science. Camps are divided into three age groups: K-1st, 2nd to 4th grades, and 5th to 7th grades. Many of Launch's camps also have an outdoor component, generally in Central Park, where kids participate in math- and science-based activities as well as sports and games.
Camp topics may include:
- Coding With Scratch and Scratch Jr.
- Coding With Python
- Coding With Java
- Rocket Science
- Marine Biology
- A passion and skill for building hands-on projects with kids
- Knowledgeable in various sciences
- Ability to create computer programs using one or more programming languages a plus (including but not limited to: ScratchJr, Scratch, Python, Java)
- Personable, friendly, reliable, committed, focused and communicative
- Previous experience working with children ages 4-12
- Current Child CPR/First Aid Certifications are a plus
- Available to work Mon through Fri from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM during July and August (you may specify weekly availability on application)
- Most important, the belief that every student can learn and love math and science
- All curriculum and class materials are provided (you do not need to create lesson plans)
- Full time seasonal position
- Multiple locations throughout the city