Private, In-Home Math and/or STEM Instructor (Tutor)
Launch provides toddlers through tweens with inspiring math instruction and STEM-based camps and classes.
The company is hiring part-time instructors (tutors) to work with students privately in their homes.
The One-2-One Math program is targeted math instruction in a private, one-on-one setting. This program is completely customized and offers any combination of the following three components: General Math Instruction, Homework Help and Test Prep.
The One-2-One STEM program offers Launch's wide array of STEM workshops in a private setting. With topics ranging from Computer Programming to Rocket Science to Architecture and Engineering, the Launch One-2-One STEM program inspires children to explore the world of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
As a Launch One-2-One Instructor (Math and/or STEM) you are expected to:
- Math Instructors: Provide top quality homework help, test prep, and/or general math instruction utilizing the Launch Learning methods in a private one-on-one setting
- STEM Instructors: Provide top quality science, technology, and engineering instruction and project-building utilizing Launch's curriculum and materials
- Enthusiastically engage students during instructional sessions
- Help students gain confidence in their ability to learn and succeed
- Consistently monitor, assess, and report on students' progress
- Maintain regular communications with the Launch One-2-One Program Coordinator
- Math Instructors: Solid knowledge of math concepts for grades Pre-K through 8th grade
- STEM Instructors: Knowledgeable in technology and various sciences; A passion and skill for building hands-on projects with kids; Ability to code using Scratch, Python, App Inventor, or Java a big plus
- Strong desire to teach children
- Personable, friendly, reliable and communicative
- Previous experience working with students as a tutor or in a similar capacity
- A relatively flexible schedule and the ability to commit to servicing students for an extended duration, preferably a full academic year
- Most important, the belief that every student can learn and love math and science
- All curriculum and materials are provided (you do not need to create lesson plans)
- Flexible schedule
- Part-time position