Summer 2019 STEM Camp Counselor & Instructor (Day Camp, K-7th Grade)
Launch Math & Science Centers provide K through 7th grade kids with inspiring STEM-based summer camps (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). Our Instructors are passionate and creative people who believe in the Launch mission: To inspire children to love and learn math and science.
The Launch summer program consists of week long camps covering various STEM themes ranging from computer programming to biology and aerodynamics. Camps are divided into three age groups: K-1st, 2nd to 4th grades, and 5th to 7th grades. Many of Launch's camps also have an outdoor component, generally in Central Park, where kids participate in math- and science-based activities.
Camp topics may include:
- Coding With Scratch and Scratch Jr.
- Coding With Python
- Coding With Java
- Computer Assisted Design
- Rocket Science
- A passion and skill for building hands-on projects with kids
- Knowledgeable in various sciences
- Ability to create computer programs using one or more programming languages a plus (including but not limited to: ScratchJr, Scratch, Python, Java)
- Personable, friendly, reliable, committed, focused and communicative
- Previous experience working with children ages 4-12
- Current Child CPR/First Aid Certifications are a plus
- Available to work Mon through Fri from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM during July and August (you may specify weekly availability on application)
- Most important, the belief that every student can learn and love math and science
- All curriculum and class materials are provided (you do not need to create lesson plans)
- Full time seasonal position
- Multiple locations throughout the city